ROCKVILLE, Md., Oct. 24, 2017– The Comfort hotel brand continues to showcase category dominance in the upper midscale lodging segment through aggressive growth and implementation of the brand’s Move to Modern initiative. With 10 new hotel openings in the last three months, the brand is on track to successfully execute its strategy of opening one hotel per week in 2017. As part of Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world’s largest hotel companies, the new Comfort properties reflect the brand’s transformation and new design, which includes a refreshed, modern look and feel.
“The Comfort brand has been reimagined. Our Truly Yours prototype offers a superior level of accommodations that help drive guest loyalty and a strong return on investment for franchisees,” said Anne Smith, vice president, brand management and design, Choice Hotels. “As we rapidly expand, guests are experiencing the new Comfort, and developers and hoteliers can see the positive impact.”
The Truly Yours design package, which includes a contemporary, welcoming exterior, lobby and guest rooms, is the cornerstone of the Comfort brand’s Move to Modern initiative, introduced to enhance the brand’s existing portfolio of hotels. Move to Modern is a phased approach, with all public spaces and guest rooms fully renovated across the brand by the end of 2019.
“Our development momentum demonstrates our commitment to have the Comfort brand lead in the upper midscale segment,” said Brian Quinn, vice president, franchise development, Choice Hotels. “We don’t just look at what our hoteliers need today, we also consider the long term, always providing franchisees with the tools to be successful for years to come.”
The recent Comfort hotel openings are located across the country, and include a mix of new construction and conversion projects, including:
- Comfort Suites in Channelview, TX – 70 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Independence, KS – 53 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in San Antonio – 92 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Biloxi, MS – 100 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Memphis, TN – 92 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Edgewood, NM – 70 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Junction City, KS– 60 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn in Saulte Ste. Marie, MI – 86 guest rooms
- Comfort Suites in North Charleston, SC – 100 guest rooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Kemptville, Ont., Canada – 74 guest rooms
There are more than 1,800 Comfort hotels open across North America in popular travel destinations, everywhere travelers want to stay.