ROCKVILLE, Md., Oct. 31, 2017 — The Ascend Hotel Collection has been on an impressive growth trajectory with 13 new hotels joining the collection in October. As the world’s first and largest soft brand and part of the Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) portfolio of brands, the Ascend Hotel Collection is expected to have one of its best growth years. There are now more than 190 hotels worldwide, with an additional 10 properties anticipated to open before the end of 2017.
“The Ascend Hotel Collection has great appeal because it offers travelers unique and local experiences, while providing hoteliers with smart business solutions,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president of upscale brands for Choice Hotels. “Ascend is a proven leader in the soft brand concept which resonates with both consumers and owners alike because hotels keep their vibrant individuality as they gain access to Choice’s industry-leading technology and tools as well as the award-winning loyalty program Choice Privileges.”
Recent openings include:
- Breakwater South Beach (Miami, Fla.) – This iconic Art Deco boutique hotel is located in the heart of Miami Beach and guaranteed to give all visitors sun-kissed memories with local flavor.
- Casa Victoria Orchid (Miami, Fla.) – Get swept up in the charm and romance of Casa Victoria Orchid with its European-inspired neighborhood escape from the hustle and bustle of South Beach Miami.
- Hotel Ocean (Miami, Fla.) – Situated near South Beach Miami, The Hotel Ocean is the true beach destination. Located within minutes from the beach, the hotel is immersed in local flavor that gives an eclectic, edgy neighborhood vibe.
- LuMINN Hotel (Minneapolis, Minn.) – The LuMINN Hotel is located in downtown Minneapolis near U.S. Bank Stadium and University of Minnesota. The 55-room boutique hotel was converted from the century-old Federal Plaza building.
- Gallus Stadium Park Inn (Columbia, S.C.) – Explore South Carolina’s state capital while staying at the Gallus Stadium Park Inn. Located minutes to the University of South Carolina and the Williams-Brice Stadium, fans will be immersed in school spirit.
- Hotel Frederica (Little Rock, Ark.) – The local flavor of downtown Little Rock comes alive at the Hotel Frederica. The boutique hotel is located near Verizon Arena, Statehouse Convention Center and the State Capitol Building.
- Bluegreen Blue Ridge Village (Banner Elk, N.C.) – Nestled in the woods of Banner Elk, N.C., Blue Ridge Village is the ideal destination for outdoor lovers.
- Bluegreen Carolina Grande (Myrtle Beach, S.C.) – Carolina Grande is the ideal beach resort located in the heart of Myrtle Beach.
- Bluegreen Horizon at 77th (Myrtle Beach, S.C.) – Embrace comfort and relaxation at Horizon at 77th resort located in the heart of Myrtle Beach.
- Bluegreen Laurel Crest (Pigeon Forge, Tenn.) – Laurel Crest is a cozy country haven offering breathtaking views of the Smoky Mountains.
- Bluegreen The Breakers Resort (Dennis Port, Mass.) – This boutique hotel is located within easy access to Nantucket Sound and offers a peaceful beachfront vacation.
- Bluegreen The Falls Village (Branson, Mo.) – Located in the hills and valleys of the Ozark Mountains in Branson, Mo., The Falls Village greets guests with a warm, cozy welcome in a property that provides a relaxing stay.
- Bluegreen Odyssey Dells (Wisconsin Dells, Wis.) – Get caught up in the lush beauty and local flavor of Wisconsin Dells at Odyssey Dells, a year-round vacation destination.
- HTL 587 (San Francisco, Calif.) – HTL 587 is located minutes from downtown San Francisco and Union Square’s world-renowned restaurants and tourist attractions, like the Transamerica Pyramid and Fisherman’s Wharf. HTL 587 is an urban sanctuary against the backdrop of the San Francisco skyline with impeccably designed guest rooms and special amenities.
- The Vue Hotel (Long Island City, N.Y.) – Located in Long Island City, the Vue Hotel is an excellent option for visitors looking to explore New York City in a whole new way.
- Unity Village Hotel & Conference Center (Lees Summit, Mo.) – Located 20 minutes from downtown Kansas City, the Unity Village Hotel & Conference Center offers a variety of accommodations for guests, the Unity Village Hotel & Conference Center is perfect to host a retreat, workshop, wedding or any other special occasion.
Ascend Hotel Collection properties can be found in popular destinations around the U.S., as well as in France, United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden, Turkey, Australia, and Canada. New openings are expected every month for the remainder of 2017 in top travel markets, such as San Francisco, New Orleans and Brooklyn.
Choice’s strategic alliance with Bluegreen Vacations has helped drive the Ascend Hotel Collection portfolio’s remarkable expansion, particularly into key resort markets. This affiliation began in 2013 with 24 properties and, as a result of that success, has since expanded to 36 hotels and resorts across the United States.
Choice Hotels also recently redesigned its development website to create a more welcoming, dynamic and user-friendly experience for franchisees and developers. The updated site offers exciting visuals and easy to find information and resources, while also highlighting the value and benefits of developing a hotel with Choice. Enhancements to the site’s technology include improved mobile capability, a content management system that allows for rapid updates and creative flexibility, as well as seamless email integration. Visit ChoiceHotelsDevelopment.com to experience the new site and learn more about development opportunities with Choice Hotels.