ROCKVILLE, Md., Jan. 22, 2018–The Ascend Hotel Collection, the world’s first and largest soft brand, reached a milestone by surpassing 200 properties open globally, with more than 50 in the pipeline. The upscale brand, franchised by Choice Hotels International Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world’s largest hotel companies, finished 2017 with one of its best growth years opening 56 hotels internationally.
Found in popular destinations around the world, new Ascend Hotel Collection properties opened in key markets across the United States in 2017, including Brooklyn, Charleston, Maui, Miami, and San Francisco.
“Travelers today are savvier and crave authentic experiences more than ever, resulting in a high demand for a soft brand in the upscale space and leading to the tremendous expansion for the Ascend brand. Our 250 properties open or under development worldwide further cements our position as the soft brand leader,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels.”
There were seven U.S. openings in December 2017, totaling 48 domestic properties added to the Collection for the year, including:
- The Oaks Hotel & Suites (Paso Robles, Calif.) – Located in scenic California Wine Country, this quaint hotel allows guests to enjoy the local flavors of the area.
- The Inn at Riverwalk (Edwards, Colo.) – With riverfront views, The Inn at Riverwalk hotel is the ideal place for an outdoor retreat.
- BLVD Hotel (Costa Mesa, Calif.) – With a warm Southern California vibe and stylish surf theme, the boutique BLVD Hotel gives guests the local flavor they desire with the amenities they crave.
- The Wallhouse Hotel (Walnut Creek, Ohio) – Nestled in the picturesque backdrop of Ohio’sAmish Country, the Wallhouse Hotel is an upscale, modern-style boutique property located within a short distance to local destinations.
- Palazzo Lakeside Hotel (Kissimmee, Fla.) – The Kissimmee boutique hotel is located only one mile from Walt Disney World and offers gorgeous views of Lake Cecil.
- The Cove Hotel (Long Beach, Calif.) – The Cove Hotel provides chic accommodations and is located near Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center and Port of Long Beach.
- Hotel Petaluma (Petaluma, Calif) – The historic Hotel Petaluma offers chic accommodations and is situated in the heart of Sonoma County’s Wine Country.
“A reason for our continued success and growth is that hoteliers are drawn to the unmatched value proposition of the Ascend brand. The brand provides the best of both worlds by letting franchisees keep their independence while having the support of a global hotel company, including industry-leading technology, robust distribution channels and an award-winning loyalty program, Choice Privileges,” said Mark Shalala, vice president, development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “We look forward to greater expansion in 2018 and providing both guests and owners with a product they love.”
For more information on Ascend hotel development opportunities, please visit https://choicehotelsdevelopment.com/ascendcollection/ to learn more.