ROCKVILLE, Md., Jan. 22, 2018— Cambria Hotels finished 2017 by opening the most properties in a single year and increasing the pipeline to the largest in the brand’s history. The upscale brand franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world’s largest hotel companies, now has 37 open hotels across the United States, including 10 that opened last year. In addition, there are more than 70 properties in the pipeline.
“Cambria Hotels’ rapid growth strengthens our position in the upscale segment. In addition to setting a record for openings this year, we also established important brand firsts, like opening on the West Coast in Los Angeles and bringing our first adaptive reuse to life in Chicago,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “From the incredible relationships we have built with our developers, to the beautiful, locally-inspired designs of our properties, this brand is on the move. We look forward to introducing customers to more Cambria hotels in the coming year, including in Nashville and Philadelphia opening early in 2018.”
The brand’s aggressive expansion strategy includes locally-inspired new construction, adaptive reuse and conversion projects. The 10 properties that opened in 2017 include:
- Cambria Hotel McAllen Convention Center (opened January 11, Texas) – The 121-room property is around the corner from the McAllen Convention Center and McAllen Performing Arts Center, and just three miles from McAllen International Airport.
- Cambria Hotel Durham-Duke University Medical Center Area (opened January 11, North Carolina) – The 146-room hotel is in the heart of a globally ranked medical campus.
- Cambria Hotel Los Angeles – LAX (opened May 1, California) – Minutes from Los AngelesInternational Airport and close to world-class tourist attractions, the 152-room property’s design is inspired by the fashion-forward city that surrounds it.
- Cambria Hotel Chicago Loop – Theatre District (opened May 25, Illinois) – The 199-room hotel is situated above the historic Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theatre and in the center of an energetic business district. It is the brand’s first adaptive reuse project offering a décor that maintains the building’s colorful past through unique design features, while presenting a sleek 21st-century aesthetic as well as modern essentials.
- Cambria Hotel Newport (opened June 9, Rhode Island) – The 143-room hotel offers guests picturesque waterfront views and is a short distance from Easton’s Beach, the iconic Newport mansions and the Naval Station.
- Cambria Hotel New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District (opened October 10, Louisiana) – Located in the Arts and Warehouse District, the 162-room property is walking distance from the French Quarter and blocks from the New Orleans Convention Center.
- Cambria Hotel Downtown Asheville (opened December 16, North Carolina) – The 136-room hotel is located at the epicenter of award-winning craft breweries, restaurants, art galleries, and music venues, and offers guests the ambiance of Asheville’s Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Cambria Hotel Westfield (opened December 19, Indiana) – The 152-room property is part of the Westfield Grand Park Village, directly across from Westfield’s Grand Park Sports Campus, and is a short drive from downtown Indianapolis.
- Cambria Hotel North Scottsdale Desert Ridge (opened December 21, Arizona) – The 130-room hotel is situated in Desert Ridge, which offers shopping and dining options at the intersection of Highway 101 and Tatum Boulevard. The property is minutes from downtown Phoenix.
- Cambria Hotel Dallas (opened December 31, Texas) – Formerly the historic Tower Petroleum building, this adaptive reuse property is in the heart of downtown Dallas, nearby to many businesses and leisure attractions.
Choice Hotels is committed to expanding the Cambria brand and expects to invest $475 million in corporate capital to grow the brand. The Cambria pipeline includes many of the top 50 U.S. markets, such as, Austin, Texas; Burbank, Calif.; Baltimore; Calabasas, Calif.; Charleston, S.C.; Houston; Miami; Milwaukee; Minneapolis; Napa, Calif.; Orlando, Fla.; San Francisco; Tampa, Fla.; and Washington, D.C.In total, 36 franchise signings were executed in 2017, and the brand continues to perform with a high LTR and RevPAR.
“The Cambria brand’s growing pipeline is a direct result of the emphasis Choice Hotels places on the brand and the tremendous value proposition that it offers franchisees and guests. Developers are experiencing a strong return on investment, and we have created a product that perfectly caters to the needs of the modern traveler,” said Mark Shalala, vice president, development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “With 12 properties slated to open in 2018, we’re excited to keep our strong Cambriadevelopment progress going and continuing to help drive distribution in top RevPAR markets, and gain significant share in the upscale space.”
For more information on Cambria Hotels development opportunities, please visit https://choicehotelsdevelopment.com/cambriahotels/ to learn more.