ROCKVILLE, Md., May 1, 2018— More than 5,000 hotel owners, general managers, and hotel staff will convene today as Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world’s largest hotel companies, kicks off its 64th annual convention in Las Vegas. Themed “No Limits” to mark the boundless opportunities for Choice Hotels franchisees, the three-day event focuses on listening, learning, and exchanging ideas.“Choice is an innovator in hospitality, franchising, and technology with the right strategy for long-term success and a focus on helping our owners maximize their return on investment,” said Pat Pacious, president and CEO of Choice Hotels. “We’re excited to celebrate a transformative year for Choice Hotels and talk about the opportunities ahead. Our brands continue to lead in their segments, we have the industry’s most sophisticated technology, bar none, and there is continued runway for growth as the economic environment makes it a great time to build a Choice hotel.”
Attendees will participate in educational sessions on topics that explore the state of the industry, emerging trends, and the resources to optimize their business, including Choice Hotels’ extensive distribution channels; award-winning loyalty program, Choice Privileges; best-in-class training program, Choice University; and powerful resources to maximize revenue.
Choice Hotels brand leaders will host in-depth sessions on each of the company’s brands, including Cambria Hotels, Comfort, the Ascend Hotel Collection, and Sleep Inn.
Pacious will take the stage to present the bold strategies shaping Choice’s future with no limits. Highlights include:
- Continued growth: In 2017, Choice Hotels had its best development year since 2007.
- Opportunities in the extended-stay segment leveraging the newly acquired WoodSpring Suites brand, the nation’s fastest-growing economy extended-stay hotel brand.
- Choice Hotels’ position as a leader in technology, highlighted by its reinvented technology infrastructure and collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Data and commentary, including trends in the hospitality industry, from CBRE Group.
- Educational opportunities showcasing the company’s industry-leading resources and distribution channels that help drive revenue and reservations to franchisees’ hotels.
The convention program is designed to give franchisees the resources and information to leverage Choice’s strong value proposition. In 2017, the company opened nearly one hotel per day in the U.S., increased its pipeline, and connected over 200 million guests with more than 500,000 rooms. Convention attendees will leave with ideas and strategies to help make their hotels more successful, efficient, and profitable in 2018 and beyond.