ROCKVILLE, Md., Sept. 23, 2019 — Clarion Pointe, franchised by Choice Hotels, celebrates its one-year launch anniversary with new hotel openings and strong reviews from both developers and guests. The midscale select-service brand extension of the high-awareness Clarion brand brings together the premium elements guests desire and an affordable travel experience. It also meets hotel owners’ desire to deliver on the needs of today’s travelers through a focused conversion opportunity.
Following its inaugural opening in Sulphur Springs, Texas, Clarion Pointe recently expanded to two new locations:
- Clarion Pointe Horn Lake: The three-floor, 60-room Horn Lake, Mississippi hotel is a short drive from the city of Memphis and convenient to destinations that appeal to both business and leisure travelers, including the Memphis Zoo and the Memphis Cook Convention Center.
- Clarion Pointe Rochester Monroe Avenue: The two-floor, 43-room Clarion Pointe hotel in Rochester, New York is a short drive from the Greater Rochester International Airport, the University of Rochester and the Seneca Park Zoo.
“Clarion Pointe knocked it out of the park in its first year, and we couldn’t be more excited for what’s to come,” said Megan Brumagim, vice president, brand management, design and compliance, Choice Hotels. “The brand’s debut hotel has exceeded expectations with stellar guest satisfaction ratings. With even more hotels expected to open by year-end, Clarion Pointe is clearly resonating with developers. We anticipate interest continuing to rise as we build on our track record of leadership and innovation in the midscale segment.”
Choice has awarded over 20 Clarion Pointe franchise agreements year-to-date, bringing the brand’s pipeline to over 40 hotels under development in cities like Louisville, Kentucky; Charleston, South Carolina; and Salt Lake City. Sixteen Clarion Pointe hotels are expected to open by year-end in markets such as:
- Columbus, Georgia
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Madison, Alabama
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Louisville, Kentucky
“Developers want to open Clarion Pointe hotels in major markets, a sign that the brand’s first year is just the start of its success,” said Tom Nee, vice president, franchise development, Choice Hotels. “Clarion Pointe is ideal for franchise owners who want a modern hotel concept that resonates with today’s travelers, with the support of a company with proven experience — and Choice is an ideal fit.”
Influenced by the Clarion brand promise of creating environments for people to connect and socialize, Clarion Pointe allows guests to optimize their travel experience with “focal pointes,” including:
- Contemporary design touches that guests will want to share with friends, like signature murals inspired by local points of interest
- Thoughtful food and beverage starting with a complimentary better-for-you breakfast and premium-branded coffee, all the way through small bites, craft beer, and select wine available for purchase in the marketplace
- Technology with on-demand connectivity to work or chill out, including 49-inch TVs with casting capabilities and free, streaming-strength Wi-Fi
- Dedicated modern workout space featuring all the essentials, like cardio equipment and a strength-training station, to stay fit to the core
About Clarion Pointe
The Clarion Pointe® brand, franchised by Choice Hotels, offers savvy, sensible travelers more options for affordable travel. Hotels offer guests a convenient and affordable experience with elevated essentials in just the right places, including contemporary design touches, curated food and beverage options, and on-demand connectivity. In addition to comfortable rooms with signature murals, Clarion Pointe properties offer modern fitness essentials plus free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. For more information, visit https://choicehotelsdevelopment.com/clarion-pointe.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest and most successful lodging franchisors in the world. With more than 7,000 hotels, representing nearly 570,000 rooms, in over 40 countries and territories as of June 30, 2019, the Choice® family of hotel brands provides business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to exceptional experiences. For more information, visit https://choicehotelsdevelopment.com.
This communication includes “forward-looking statements” about future events, including anticipated development and hotel openings. Such statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including construction delays, availability, and cost of financing, and the other “Risk Factors” described in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, any of which could cause actual results to be materially different from our expectations.
This is not an offering. No offer or sale of a franchise will be made except by a Franchise Disclosure Document first filed and registered with applicable state authorities. A copy of the Franchise Disclosure Document can be obtained through contacting Choice Hotels International at 1 Choice Hotels Circle, Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20850, email@example.com.
© 2019 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.